Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gazpacho es muy delicioso!

I spent a couple of weeks in Spain last fall, and one of my favorite dishes was their traditional gazpacho soup, along with a glass of rioja (Spanish red wine). I've longed for the cold tomato soup many times since, but can rarely find a decent version in restaurants. Well, yesterday I was reading my weekly email from "Food & Wine" magazine when I spotted a headline for gazpacho recipes! I picked the easiest one, went to the grocery, and made my first batch last night. And I must say, it was a success! I simplified the recipe and didn't use exact measurements. I really don't think you can mess this up since it's a bunch of veggies blended together. I used more tomato/veggie soup than they suggested, and guesstimated the other ingredients. Just throw in the veggies, oil, lemon juice, and herbs as you wish. Or follow the exact measurements if you like to follow the rules. :) I didn't use all of their suggested toppings either, and instead used a mixture of chopped cucumber, red onion, basil, and cilantro for my toppings. The goat cheese made the dish even more delish, but if you aren't a fan of it just skip. I highly recommend it. You could also try sour cream, or some other type of cheese. Or just be healthy and skip the cheese fat altogether!

I hope you try it, like it, and don't forget the red wine! Buen provecho!

Gazpacho recipe from Food & Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment